Monday, December 08, 2008

Our first - It took forever


This post is for my buddy Steve "aka ByamCaravanner" - See, we bought chicks this past summer and have 12 of them now, all outside and living in the coop. We thought we'd never see an egg now that it gets so cold out and gets dark so early, but yesterday I got an email from Zoe' and the boys of this - our first! I wonder if there is one out there this am - it's only 7 degrees outside (that's for Marcus in Texas). People wonder how chickens and eggs relate to Airstreaming - well, with 4 boys in the house, we go through alot of eggs from the store, and eggs add up to $$$$ - money that's taken away from my Airstream fund - so, now I should have a little more discretionary $$$$ for my aluminum habit. I hear that 10 chickens can give off 5 dozen eggs a week - we'll keep a couple and sell a couple - and that way I can restore the fitty-for (for Frank) with the dough!

2 comments:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is very good......

utee94 said...

7 degrees? Is that Farenheit or Celsius? Either way, I had no idea that thermometers went down into single digits. That's crazy!