Monday, February 13, 2006

A few more from the Past




Here are a few more photos my Uncle gave me. The first is one of our farm here, just 5 miles over the hill, where I grew up. That Sovereign (I think that's what it was) was right there on the farm, and we were always playing around it. This was a large running dairy farm, with free-stall, and standing milking parlor. In the winter, my grandfather would let the hired hands run it, and he's take off for Florida. During the summer, they were busy running the road side Farm Stand - Stanton's. Next must be a Rally somewhere. Then, there is my Grandmother, Doris, standing by a Texas rest area marker, with their Imperial and Airstream in the background. As we PATIENTLY await the SOTR to get back inside, I'll post a couple of these daily. Hopefully, Colin and team will be tearing away later this week. I am local here in New York today and tomorrow, but I leave Wednesday, to spend Wednesday evening in the Caravel in Virginia, then drive back home Thursday night. We are traveling up to Plattsburgh on Friday, taking the curtain tracks, Fridge, Stove, and Gaucho cushions to Colins, then over to Vermont where we will spend the night. We will drive down towards Boston on Saturday, touring, and on Sunday, we will pick up the 58 Travelall and tow it home to central NY. Monday will be a rest day, then I fly back to LA on Tuesday for an all week meeting. The following week I will be in Fort Huachuca, AZ (I'll try to stay at the Shady Dell in the Airstream). Then home again after that! I can't wait for CBR - the Cherry Blossum Rally in April - to be able to kick back and relax for a couple days. Enjoy! SYDTR!

Rob

No comments: