Saturday, March 28, 2009

A sneak preview


On my way down here to North Kakalaki (Camp Lejeune, North Carolina), I took a detour through Washington, DC to scout out our Caravan route to make sure the SOTR would fit. It was a blast...and alot of people were snapping pictures of her along the route. Here's a shot at the Marine Corps Memorial - Iwo Jima, a place I've never been too in my 18 years as a Marine. Then it was over past the Lincoln, down Constitution Ave and a right just past the Washington Monument, over to the Jefferson Memorial, around the tidal basin splitting the Washington Monument and the Jefferson, onto I395 for a short 1/2 mile and onto Route 1, down past the Reagan National Airport, through Alexandria and down to Mount Vernon... I almost ran out of gas in Alexandria again... why isn't there a gas station when Rob needs one... then it was down I95 for a long 700 mile tow in 13.5 hours.. I was beat. Down here, just up the road, this guy has 2 2000+ model Airstreams in need of repairs.. he's parting them out.. Parts anyone?


If you are interested in parts for these two trailers, contact Pierce's Cars and Parts at piercescars@yahoo.com or call 910 455 0214

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

if that were a legacy trailer I would be crying... Frank

Wil said...

I've never been able to do that run in one hop -- too far for this old dog. Rob, who would I contact for some of those parts? Drop me an email at olddog299 at gmail dot com or PM me on the Air Forums - same user name without the email addy tacked on.

By the way, you do know you have more than two readers ... in addition to your two Blogger followers, you have three subscribers on Bloglines! :D

utee94 said...

Those two SmushStreams together might make one good Airstream. 2000+ models are at least slightly better than 70s models! :)

-Marcus