Monday, May 04, 2009

Patience Grasshopper!




Well, a while ago, I posted pictures from "A break from splitting firewood" - in where I posted photos of a 1949 22' Liner. That was a fun day on a Sunday going over for a country drive to look and drool over it. I ended up writing the elderly gentlemen a letter about it asking that if he ever decided to sell it to give me a chance. Well, last Sunday, he called. We talked for a bit and he asked if I was still interested in it. I said - "Heck yeah!!" and so now, the 49 is ours - well, it will be when I get payment to him. To tell you the truth, we're excited about it...

6 comments:

Sugarfoot said...

Too cool! I knew you couldn't own just one Airstream for long. Congrats. :-D

Anonymous said...

Looks real good Rob. Have fun with this one.

What's the big news with GSM? Colin? The Vap has a big notice up that something is brewing. What's the scoop Rob?

Frank Yensan said...

oh look towing service in chicago and the new Suzuki crossfire 4x4. So much to buy on your blog. It is like a virtual shopping mall. Can neon be added to really grab my eye for increased sales? Oh, sorry I just noticed this was about a trailer you are getting. Now that is wonderful news, congratulations. If I click on the trailer can I buy it too?

Aluminium Idler said...

Congratulations Rob. She's a real stunner. I love my 53 Flying Cloud but there's something great about those oval rear windows - does she have them front & back ? I've stayed in the 49er @ Shady Dell, so will look forward to interior photos and the retoration.
Nice one ! Chris

Anonymous said...

Rob,

Good to see that you are back to buying Airstreams again.

Bill

utee94 said...

I just clicked 3 of your ads Rob, hope it helps defray the cost of renovation on that stunning new Airstream you're buying.

So, will Frank's Trailer Works be performing any restoration work for you? :)

-Marcus