Thursday, October 27, 2005

Finally underway and a Vagabond too!

Well, I have finally begun work on carefully taking apart the interior of the SOTR. So far, I have the front gaucho out, both twin beds are loose, and the walls that were hooked to the fridge and stove off. I have to wait for my brother-in-law to help me get the stove and fridge out. Then it will be a few screws and we'll have it empty. Colin Hyde of www.gsmvehicles.com is arriving tomorrow night as we will be Caravaning north on Saturday with the SOTR and a 40's Vagabond he and I went in together and purchased that is about 3 miles from my house. Double doors and all. We will be taking the SOTR empty (all but the aluminum water tank (needed for new Air pressure system), rear holding tank (new floor will cover and fiberglass will be repaired if needed), and bath tub (Colin will paint it), and maybe the Bowen hot water tank. Colin will tow the SOTR and I'll most likely be the one towing the Vagabond. When I get back, and hopefully we will not have any problems from here in Plymouth, NY 13832 through the woods as we say, Utica, Old Forge, Saranac Lake, Lake Placid, to Plattsburgh where Colin's shop is, I will post pictures of it up there and ready to be re-newed! Wish us luck. Remember, Episode 4 of theVAP is out. Enjoy it!

No comments: